Week 50, 2017
I went to a friends birthday party last week and the Theme was “Survivor” – as in the TV show. It was actually brilliant because we all have young families.. so turning up in an outfit that was dirty with hair that was messy, no makeup and generally looking under-nourished and lacking sleep was very very easy!
We basically didn’t dress up – we just turned up how we look before we decide to make ourselves look nice. Very liberating. We then proceeded to drink bucket loads of wine and throw ourselves around to some old school dance anthems.
In the immortals words of Destiny’s Child, “I’m a survivor, I’m gonna make it, I’m not gonna give up, I will work harder – Keep on survivin'”
The week that was:
- Have you heard of Steemit? Ive just signed up – going to see how it all works. I don’t know about you – but I find cryptocurrency and block-chain technology so fascinating. I wish I had better insight into these things, but the world stage is set to change I think.
- Vulture have compiled their Top 10 Best Podcasts of 2017 – bookmarking for future reference!
- Side note: I love this time of year when suddenly all these retrospective lists pop-up – eg: 10 best thing about 2017. There’s something so satisfying about wrapping things nicely up and reviewing the year that was. Im also a sucker for ” Top *** trends to watch out for in 2018″. Bring. It. 2018 is just around the corner.
- This video is truly beautiful. Chasing storms, capturing on 4K film – then slowing it down to really see the hypnotic way lightning etches itself across the sky.
- The old wooden escalators of Wynyard Station are gone! But not truly gone.. Artist Chris Fox has created this amazing sculpture and weaved it around the ceiling of the Sydney station. In a strange twist of fate, they are still just as unsettling as when you had to ride on them!
- This is the greatest Time cover ever. Take that Donald Trump.
7 days of Black & White images. #facebookchallenge
Baker Boy - Marryuna
This song is just so full of energy and happiness!
Love where it kicks in at 0:45 – Take a watch and enjoy the show.