Week 45, 2017
I don’t know about you – but I forget just how important it is to have holidays. And by holidays I mean – take a proper holiday, escape to somewhere foreign and enjoy time off from normality.
It’s been ages – I’m talking a good 5 years – from when we last had a proper holiday. Kids have changed that for us, plus our work situation was a bit dicey there for a while so it didn’t feel right to have a holiday when we may have been strapped for cash if jobs fell through.
But last week – we took a holiday! We got on a flight to Bali and took 7 glorious days of basking by a pool, eating and drinking and playing with our kids. We finally relaxed and actually enjoyed the feeling of being all together.
So yeah – my recommendation this week. Book that holiday. Take the break. It’s worth it.
The week that was:
- This article was a fascinating read about America’s small towns and their devotion to Trump… heartbreaking and demoralising. Be sure to read right to the end..
- Speaking of America, I watched the first episode of Louis Theroux’s new documentary series Dark States. That was a hard one to watch – and I’m equally not looking forward to watching the next one about Sex Trafficking. Eeeek.
- Has anyone bought books from this website? I’m thinking it will make a nice Christmas gift for my girls…
- I’ve had to show my daughter this video about 20 times. This chick kills it.
- My new favourite Tumblr account!
- THIS is everything. Brilliant and I completely agree with Constance Hall.
Nusa Dua, Bali - our 7-day holiday escape. At the end of this post, you'll see a link to read my full review of our trip away.
Cat Stevens // The First Cut Is The Deepest
I love 70’s “folk” music… James Taylor, Carole King, Cat Stevens – their songs are pure and true and remind me of simpler times. So to get me through the working week after holidays, Cat Stevens was my jam.
I love the energy of this song, especially when it kicks into gear at about 0:34. Enjoy this little retro step back in time.
Ayodya Resort, Nusa Dua
As mentioned above, we went on holidays last week. To a place that I never thought I’d ever go… Bali. If you’re an Australian – you’ll understand why I never wanted to go there. Bali is one of those places that attracts a certain type of Australian and to be honest, it just never appealed to me as a holiday destination.
Until that is, I needed a quick getaway with the family…